September 4, 2014

Alzheimer's Walk and Big Splash







 
Kiera and I recently participated in the Walk to End Alzheimers in Tulsa at the ORU campus along with a number of my coworkers.  The walk was only 1.5 miles but I think it was further than that.  I am sure it felt longer because it was already 90 degrees at 10am, there was hardly any shade on the walk and my shoe was rubbing a blister on my heel from the start line.  But whatever, I sucked it up and completed the walk for a good cause.
 
I have no idea whose dog this is.  He wasn't with our group but still it was a sweet little thing.
 
 
Kiera ditched me for my co-worker/friend.  They held hands pretty much the entire time and danced anytime there was music.  It was fun to watch them together.          
 
We are almost to the finish line and I cannot wait to get into my car with air conditioning.  I don't do any kind of exercise in shorts either because having them ride up into your crotch while walking or running is just annoying.  Plus there is chafing.  I have never experienced the "thigh gap" in my existence because I am just not built that way.  Though I actually did buy two pair of shorter shorts (mid thigh) to wear this summer that sometimes cooperate and sometimes don't.  That was way off subject but I am sure if I had on shorts I wouldn't have been so dang hot.

After the walk we made our way to Big Splash for the last time this year.  I did not hesitate one minute getting in that water. 
 
That is Kiera swimming with her face down in the water.  She is doing great swimming on her own.  We went down slides and jumped off a platform in to deep water, all without her life jacket.  She just popped right up and swam her self to the side.  We had tons of fun in the wave pool and she thoroughly enjoyed riding on my back in the water and dunking me. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...