April 11, 2013

River camp(er)ing

Last weekend we went camp(er)ing out at the Illinois River Ranch.  It was quite the lovely weekend until Sunday when Jimmy and I ended up with food poisoning from the steaks we brought and ate Saturday night.  We are doing better now but our stomachs are still not 100%.



Cutting potatoes for fried taters is pretty nice...

...When this is your view...

Jimmy and his dad went to an IRR Board meeting so us ladies took a drive into town to look at their antique/junk stores.  Those small towns always have cool stuff and alot of it can be pretty cheap.  I bought like 6 articles of clothing for Kiera that cost me a whopping $11 .  I was also on the lookout for something to use as a napkin holder for the camper wether it was a basket of some sort or an actual napkin holder when I found this adorable little picnic table/S&P holder/napkin holder.  It was only $1.99 but was also 10% off!  It looks too stinkin cute sitting on top of a big picnic table. 

The hubs and I did a little fishing with no luck.  The water was higher than normal and moving quite fast plus weren't in a great spot to catch anything, but it gave us something to do while Kiera was napping.  Fishing is quite relaxing for me.  Brings back a lot of great memories from my childhood.

We went up to our property and ate sandwiches for lunch.  Kiera occupied herself by making a house for Daffodil.  I believe it was also a school at one point, hence her school bus parked off to the side.

One day I will have Forsythia at my house...

Saturday evening we went for a trusty old J5 wildlife drive which ended up being quite successful!  1 coyote, 1 bald eagle, 3 elk and about 100 deer For most of the drive Kiera and I were riding in the bed of the truck and at one point when we saw a deer off the side of the road she told me she wanted to kill the deer so she could eat it.  One day Kiera, one of your hunter family members just might take you to do just that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...