April 10, 2013

Garden Box - Growing

How about a little update on our baby veggies? This is what the box looked like about 3 weeks ago when we just planted everything...

And here it was just 2 days ago! 

We had a hard freeze a bout 1 1/2 weeks ago and I covered everything up.  We thought we lost both of the tomato plants.  Well I ripped out the one on the right but didn't the one on the left for some reason and left and it started growing again.  I will put some of the brussel sprouts in the blank spot on the right.







And there is baby broccoli is sprouting also!!!! 

Still I need to do more research to see if these veggies will be ready to pull in time for us to plant the summer veggies.  I am so excited we haven't lost anything (minus that one tomato plant which probably would have sprouted back like the other did) and they seem to be thriving!  We may need to grab another one of these boxes next year if this works out well.  I may go a little crazy with growing stuff.  Though Jimmy will probably try to keep it in check with his minimal amount of veggie liking self.  We shall see!!!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Isn't that exciting! I have to tell you that I am head over heels in love with my little garden. I see changes every day and can't wait for the sun to come up in the mornings to take a look and see what's happenening out there. Brian is not much of a veggie eater but I've found he eats them more often now that we are growing them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...