February 25, 2013

Garden Box - soiled

You know soil, as in dirt.  Well this is not going to be whatsoever helpful to anyone but just reporting that our garden box now has soil in it!  Well 2 giant bags of some flower/vegetable dirt mix with fertilizer and 2 bags of peat moss.  We need to get some vermiculite too since Lowe's was out when we picked up the soil.

 

Once we get the vermiculite in there I think it will be ready to have some veggies in it.  

I definitely want to plant some brussel sprouts, broccoli, onions, iceberg lettuce and I maybe some spinach will be good too.     I need to do some more research on what we can plant right now because I think it is only leafy things.  

Our typical Oklahoma weather has been really wacky right now since  yesterday it was 50 something and lovely outside but now  snow and rain is in the forecast for the next 2 days.  I would hate to kill anything by it freezing.  I think it would be OK as long as we covered it to keep the frost off.  Maybe?  I definitely need to do some research on that too.  

Hopefully it works out well since this is our first little garden!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I'm so excited for you!!! We have just started our first garden too and I can't wait to see if anything pops up. Here's a schedule for Oklahome that I found for you in case you haven't seen it. Good luck! http://oklahoma4h.okstate.edu/aitc/lessons/extras/gardenplan.pdf

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...