September 7, 2012

Running a 5K

Dear Ashley Jensen,

This email is your receipt for the registration listed below. Confirmation emails have been sent to each registrant.


Event ID : 127
Event Title : 43rd Annual Zoo Run
Category : 5K
Fee : Early Registration

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Do you see what that says?? Do you? 5K Run. Oh Em Gee.  Has Ashley Jensen ever participated in a 5K event?  Yes, walking.  Running?  Oh hell no.  I guess I better get my booty into gear if I don't want to die after attempting this. 


Now I do not know if I will be able to run the entire thing but by golly you bet I am going to try.  

Maybe the people on the side lines will cheer me on.  

Maybe some continuous subliminal chanting will do the trick.

"You CAN do this.  Your legs are NOT going to fall off.  Your lungs are NOT collapsing." 

Or maybe thinking a song to my self will help.

"Just keep running, just keep running, running, running, running GASP GASP GASP!"

I am scared.  Super scared.  I don't know why.  Maybe because I know it is going to be so.freaking.hard and that I may cry half way through.  Sobbing and snotting and running.  Ok maybe not.  

I know what will help.  Some new running clothes.  Yeeees.  Cause let me tell you what isn't so great is my running pants being hemmed at the waist with safety pins since they are too big now.  Hellooo, that is what my sewing machine is for. 

But I am going to be a nervous wreck that morning.  And I have no idea what I should eat before this race, if I am even going to be able to.  Makes me wanna spew just thinking about it. 

At least I get a t shirt.

 Wish me luck, I am going to need it!



     


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...