June 4, 2012

The Many Faces of Kiera

Over Memorial Day weekend we stayed in the exact same cabin as we did last year.  We ate great food, went on a float trip this time (6 mile in a canoe), went down the giant slide, and all that other fun stuff.  Kiera clung to me all weekend too.  She was always sitting in my lap, holding my hand, giving me hugs and kisses.  You could tell she was soaking up the time we had together.  I actually ended up taking my DSLR to snap some pictures of our 4 days away from life, but the only thing I ended up taking pictures of was Kiera. I don't get many chances to take pictures of her in every day life, you know since the full time office job takes up 9+ hours of my day.  So many of these pictures I want to blow up and hang all over my house.
 

The trick to me getting a picture of her like this (which is probably my favorite) is to sit quietly with the camera in my face and  wait just long enough for her to forget I am there, I gently say her name and she looks up at me like this.  Perfection.
 

 
 

Not wanting her picture taken but smiling the whole time.



 

 

We wore her out on the river and she fell asleep in her chair.  The girl can sleep anywhere. 


She is just the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful girl! My daughter's name is Kiera too - that's how I found your blog. I was googling her name looking for pictures of her name. She always complains that there isn't anything with her name on it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...