February 28, 2012

Sparrow

While cruising around on Pinterest one day I came across this adorable picture of this little sparrow.

I said to myself in inner monologue "Psh, you could paint that.  The colors would go great in our bedroom.  I could hang it over my nightstand."

So I took this painting that I did a while back that was in my closet and gave it an few coats of white spray paint to hide all the bright colors and went to town after it dried.  I probably should have taken pictures of my process but just wasn't thinking about it.    It was super easy to do.  It's belly has a subtle blue tint along with shading around the bottom, I just couldn't capture it in the picture.


I just realized I replaced a bird painting with another bird painting.  I like this one alot.  The other, not so much.

For some reason the nail that has been on the wall since we moved in almost 6 years ago isn't centered.  I just threw the picture up there anyway.  It is going to start bothering me really soon so I'm gonna have to move the nail.


It makes me happy to see his plump little belly and for some reason Kiera thinks it is smiling. 

Let's play a quick game...can you tell me what one thing is wrong with the painting?  

2 comments:

Holly said...

Are you freaking kidding me? You can paint like that?!!! Love it!

Pure Ella said...

Wow this birdie is beautiful Ashley ;)
You're unleashing some hidden talents there .... do more! ;D

xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...