October 25, 2011

framed fabric, pillow, and candle

Last weekend, not this past weekend but the one before, I took a quick trip to Hobby Lobby while Kiera was taking a nap.  To look for what you ask?  Fabric.  I bought this ugly print in a 16x20 frame with glass at Goodwill for $3.   Of course I don't have a picture of it.  Just trust me about the ugliness.  Anyway I never really knew what I wanted to do with the frame until I got the bright idea to frame some fabric.  So I found a color/pattern I liked and then painted the frame yellow (it was burgundy-ish) similar to the curtains in our kitchen.  I thought about putting a big ole "J" in it but I have decided that I really like it the way it is for now.


Only imagine it hanging in the place of those 3 pictures horizontally instead of vertically.

Then I found a piece of fabric in their scrap bin that I guessed was just the right size to make a cover for this little pillow I had hanging around.   I actually got out my monstrous old sewing machine to make the pillow case!  I know, I can hardly believe it myself.
 

This 12x12 pillow case took me a little over an hour to make.  It was sewn in the most ghetto way but I was wingin' it.  I think it turned out pretty darn awesome.  Just don't go examining the corners next to the buttons.  Like I said...ghetto.

Fine Lilly I will take your picture since you obviously aren't going to move so I can take pictures of my new pillow.

Then I also picked up this awesome honey comb scrapbook paper and I just wrapped it around a small pickle jar I had sitting around, threw a tea light candle in it and called it done.  Now I am going to make about 10 more in different sizes cause they are so darn cute.

I still have another piece of fabric I found in the scrap bin I just haven't decided what I want to do with it yet.  It will probably involve the sewing machine because I reeeeally need some practice. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...