September 6, 2011

drive to nowhere

Over the weekend we set out to take a drive because we really had nothing else to do.  First we took a drive out to Skiatook Lake to see how low it was.  It was pretty low.  I just now realized I didn't even take a picture of it.  Oh well.  After that we made our way up north to Pershing (we didn't mean to go there is way just in the way of the road we were on) and headed back east to make our way back down south.  There is absolutely nothing in those towns except for a maybe a few dozen houses and a gas station/grocery store if you're lucky.  I often wonder how the heck anyone can live in a town like that.  Forever away from any major city.  I am too used to living near the city to live out in the country.  I go to the country to get away from it all.  What happens if you need to get away from the country?  Do you go to the city?  I may never know the answers.  

 It's blurry and I don't care.  I was using my point and shoot cause my DSLR battery was dead.  But you can see there was nothing much to look at.

Anywhooo, even though I didn't get any pictures of the lake which is why we set off in the first place, I did get pictures of the things that really do matter.
Like myself.  

I keed I keed.  It's those tiny little feet that are attached to this awesome little girl.


I recently bought a few little games for her to play on my iPhone to keep her quiet give her some learning material.  Her favorite one is this doctor game. 

We had slowed down to turn a corner out in BFE and Berk got all excited like he does thinking we are actually stopping somewhere and scratched the crap out of my left leg with his nails.  He is such a lap dog it's not even funny.

Dada talking about some "real nice fence".  Man I love him.  I was busy tending to the clawed off skin on my leg.   
 Eventually we made it back to Skiatook and grabbed a Pazone (dunno how you spell that) and some hot wings from Pizza Hut to eat for lunch.  Then it was off to the in-laws for smoked ribs and bologna for dinner.  

I sure love days like that.  When the house is clean, laundry is done and you have nothing else to do but be lazy.  Wish it happened more often.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...