August 4, 2011

what i wore wednesday

I have seen a number of people participate in a link party called "What I Wore Wednesday".  I cannot remember which blogger is the host.  But it's out there!  I have decided to share my ensemble that I wore to work yesterday.  And since the weather here in Oklahoma has been 110 degrees plus, people at work have been a little lax in the clothing choices.  Like a number of people have worn shorts cause its too dang hot.  Especially since the a/c can't keep up and it's 85 degrees in the office by the end of the day.
 

It is just some black pants (that desperately need to be re-dyed to a dark black) rolled up, the little top you see that I haven't worn in a year, and some black Old Navy flip flops.  Now "rubber" flip flops aren't really allowed but I have a hard time seeing the difference between rubber flip flops and something like this that others wear to work...


Anywho, a male coworker who shall remain nameless had a little conversation with me that went something like this...

"Hey my wife has that same shirt!" 

me: "Really?!"

"Yeah, actually she just wore it on Monday.  Even with black slacks like you!"

me:  "Well what do you know, that is pretty neat."

I know you are thinking so what Ashley?  You guys have the same taste in clothes.  No biggie.  Except that there is a 20+ age difference in us!!!!!  But I guess its from what angle you look at it. From the 31 year old "OMG.  I am dressing like a 50 something year old."  From a 50 something year old "Wow, I still got it!"  

Here are my final thoughts, I look dang good in it!  It accents me in all the right places and shows off my curves that Jimmy loves oh so much.  That makes it a keeper even if a 50 something year old is wearing it too!

1 comment:

Holly said...

You are darling! I love that top, I love anything that cinches in at my waist. I may have rather large hips but my waist is small in comparison so I try to find tops like yours that accent me in the right places. The WIWW is done by The Pleated Poppy, just in case you want to link up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...