January 19, 2011

Can't Live Without Him

We are gonna talk about Jimmy today.  We met while "cruisin' Memorial" (ya know, driving up and down a road in town so the boys can rev their engines and us girls can watch)  on June 3, 1999.  I made a fool of myself the very first time we talked but he thought it was cute.  


We dated for 5 years and had lived together a few times in there before Jimmy decided he wanted to marry me.  I know you are wondering what got into him where he finally decided this.  We had been dating 4+ years when he came down with a case of vertigo and I took care of him any time I wasn't at work.  Duh, it was my job to take care of him!  Of course I knew I wanted to marry him WAY before that but I was patient.  It wouldn't have worked if we got married before we did.  


We have been together for 11 1/2 years and married for 6 1/2!!!!  Wowza.  There have been many ups and downs and still are to this day, but as everyone knows you have to work at it.  I have had my fair share of screw ups, but I have learned.  This boy of mine absolutely drives me crazy sometimes but it is also the reason I love him.  I NEVER annoy or make him mad though.  Ha, that's a funny one.


There isn't a single thing that I can't say to him or ask him, no matter what it is.  And he is able to do the same.  I will ask him if I look fat in something and if he thinks I do he will tell me "Yes".  I do not get upset at that but appreciate it (and change my clothes immediately).  We never stay mad at each other for very long, I mean like 30 minutes and it's done.


I always find it funny when people say "I married my best friend" because it really shouldn't be any other way.  Jimmy is my best friend and he (and Kiera) are are my world.    


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...