April 15, 2014

Thirty Four

Today I turn 34.  Totally weird.  Just yesterday I was driving home from work and Flood by Jars of Clay came on the 90's station.  It came out in 1995...19 years ago.  Really?  I had to do the math a couple times because 1995 just couldn't have been 19 years ago.  It just blew my mind because I remember being 15 like it was yesterday.  
 
Having my first real kiss (for the record it was horrible and my poor brother witnessed it)
Learning how to drive a car
Joining the swim team
Learning that my body was just fine the way it was (seeing 15 other girls naked everyday shows you everyone is shaped differently)
Losing my best friend to other girls.
Getting a tooth knocked loose by a little brother that wasn't so little (short) any more.
Not realizing that in 4 short years I would meet my husband and father of my child.
 
 
Since then I have learned...
Kissing isn't always a bad thing
I don't really like driving.  I take that back, driving is not bad, it's the traffic and other drivers.
Everyone has different body shapes and no one cares what your size or weight is after the age of 18.
That being a teenager sucks.
Being an adult isn't always fun but I would never EVER be a teenager again.  NEVER.
There is nothing wrong with being a goody two shoes.
 That a tooth knocked loose will eventually need a root canal, many years later.
My parents did know what they were talking about.
All those other boys you cried over, totally not worth the tears.
 
I have learned a lot more than that but you get the gist.  Each day I am becoming more comfortable in my own skin.  I am finding my voice and I am not always so afraid to speak my mind, yet there are still plenty of times I don't.  I am not as shy as I used to be I still can be in the right situation.  Yeah I am the one standing in the corner not talking to anyone unless you talk to me first.  I am still hard headed and have a problem with putting dishes straight into the dishwasher instead of setting them on the counter or in the sink.  But I am one happy girl.  Lady? Woman?  No, I will stick with girl.
 
 Woo hoo 34!!!  Let's celebrate by looking at some pictures I took of pretty little flowers, ahem weeds.  I am choosing to look at them as beautiful little tiny itty bitty flowers, because that is exactly what they are.







 
 
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...