June 27, 2013

Little Artist

When I was in 2nd grade my teacher had us draw a picture of what we wanted to be when we grew up and write a small paragraph about it.  I wanted to be an artist.  I remember sitting in our kitchen floor on rainy days painting with water colors.  My mom would recreate a picture she saw in a magazine on a giant canvas, which is still hanging in their house.  I never took art classes in school, which now I wish I had.  I was too busy taking computer classes because I just knew it would be important in the future.  At least I took a crafts class in 7th grade, which was right up my alley.  Professionally decorating cakes full time was wonderful (except for the crazy stupid hours) and allowed me to do something creative daily, but my little family was more important so it had to go.  

Kiera has grown up watching me paint and decorate cakes, create a multitude of little crafty things and sew.  She never liked to color in coloring books, but we eventually realized she loves to draw.  Coloring is too monotonous for her and there isn't much creativity there for her.  We buy her spiral notebooks to draw in with her markers and take them on all road trips.  This is a picture she drew of us while we were on the road to Robbers Cave for spring break.


She also likes to draw out lists and check them off as they are completed.  It's kind of hard not to follow her plans when she takes the time to draw them out.  And they are just too dang cute!

Prepping for dinner
  1.  Empty plate
2. Plate with food
3.  Plate with food and drink
4.  Plate with food drink and silverware
 5.  Ready to eat
6.  Then dessert (this doesn't always happen but she is hopeful)


Saturday morning plans
1.  I play Fibber with her
2.  I cook breakfast
3.  The 3 of us eat breakfast
4.  She and I play Candy Land.


Water fountain plans
1.  Kiera and Nanny holding hands going into the restaurant
2. Papa giving her coins.
3.  Papa and Kiera putting the coins in the fountain.

(I love her people's wonky limbs, they always look like that)

Of course Papa obliged. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...