June 5, 2013

Bedroom makeover


I have this amazing friend.  We met 9 or 10 years ago when we were co-workers at the bakery.  We easily became friends and have continued our friendship even after we have gone on separate career paths.  We were pregnant together with our girls.  She is a tell it like it is no nonsense person and I can be exactly the same with her, and not have to worry about someone getting their panties in a wad.  She is a single mom who works full time and goes to school (she does online classes but still) and is a foster mom.  Like I said, amazing. 



She recently decided she wanted to update one of her bedrooms for her foster kids and asked that I help.  Um of course I would!  I love her and will not pass up redoing a room!  I would basically throw ideas at her and she let me know what she did or didn't like.  There was a lot of texting pictures back and forth.  Here is the room before...



And after...



 I made the little mobile in the corner and the curtains.  We both worked on painting the alphabet letters one Saturday morning while our girls played.  She also has a frame for each kid with their name, a picture of them with their hand prints and the date she got them and the date they went home.  One baby got to go home last week and she still has two more living with her a brother and sister who are 3 months and 2 years.  Next on to her daughters bedroom!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...