May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I had such a wonderful mothers day this year, not that any in the past were bad.  Jimmy asked me a few days before what I wanted and I told him nothing, but then I changed my mind and told him I didn't want to cook breakfast that morning.  I cook breakfast every weekend for us to eat together since we don't during the week, and while I do not mind one bit I just wanted someone else to prepare my meal :) 
We went to a little diner across the street from our house and it was delicious.  Of course I had to get a picture with the little one that makes mothers day possible for me.  I am so thankful to have her as my daughter.  Even on the days that it is difficult, I would never trade a single part of it for anything in the world. 

After breakfast I went to the store to pick up a few things while Jimmy and Kiera hung out at home.  I did some dishes, and messed with the garden for a bit before we went to the little carnival our town was having.  Kiera is big engough to ride most rides alone now.  These are the times it makes me sad she doesn't have a sibling, however she is used to being an only child and craves being alone with other kids start to annoy her.  And no we are not going to have another one, I am too old for that now!  HA!  We never felt the need or want to have another, and I don't think it would have been fair to have another child just for her to have a sibling.  I know we would have loved it just the same but like I have said before, we would not have been the best parents we can be with more children. 

Still she has zero problems making friends and talking to other kids.  She chatted with kids in line for the rides, sat with them and laughed with them.  One ride she was smooshed between a teenage boy and his younger brother.  She giggled the whole time and probably talked their ear off.  I laughed the entire time seeing the faces she made and seeing her laugh.  You just can't help but enjoy the moment when your kids are. 


 Afterwards we went to Wendy's and had a snack.  Then we went to Old Navy to buy her some flip flops and ended up getting her 3 shirts, 3 skirts, 2 jumpers, a swim suit, and 3 pairs of flip flops.  We saved $100 buying them all on clearance and spend only $53!  The cashier noticed there was nothing for me but I would am much happier giving to Kiera than myself.

We went to the car wash where Jimmy washed my car for me and Kiera fell asleep.  I will never stop taking pictures of her sleeping. 

We got home and left her sleeping in the car.  We do this alot.  We shut the garage door but leave the light on and the door to the house open so she doesn't freak out when she wakes up.  She slept that way for over an hour I got to sit on the couch and watch Chronicles of Riddick while cutting out circles for a craft I am working.

Jimmy cooked dinner and when I started to help bring the dishes over he told me not to touch them, but I still helped with some of them.  So Kiera and I went and did a speed session of trying on all of her summer clothes to see what still fit (I do this at the beginning of winter also) which was about half of her wardrobe.  Afterwards we ran to Jimmy's parents for just a few before coming back home to watch Game of Thrones while Kiera watched Brave in our bedroom.  

So yeah, I had a really great day.  I love the girl that makes me a mom and I love the guy that made me a mom.  Best job ever.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...