October 15, 2012

Make up bag

As the holidays are coming closer I am getting antsy to get rid of stuff around the house, clothes, nick nacks, junk that doesn't get used or I just don't like anymore.  I have cleaned out the drawers and still have the closets to go through.  We don't have a lot of stuff but at times it sure feels like it. 

 During one of my cleaning sprees I went through my scrap fabric.  I got a whole container full of it along with a buuunch of colored yarn at a garage sale for $1 last fall or spring.  I kept what I would be most likely to use and somewhat organized it.  And seeing what I had I decided to take a stab make me a new makeup bag.  I have had the same one for oh 6 years that really needed to go.  

Of course there is no tutorial because I was winging it from a couple tutorials I found online so I really had no idea what the heck I was doing.  Completely disassembling it twice didn't help much either.  

I first took my old make up bag apart to try to attempt the style and planned on using the zipper from it to attach to this one but the zipper tongue thing fell off somehow and then it wouldn't go back on so I had to nix that idea.  Open pouch it is!  Like I said I had to rip the whole thing apart a couple times but finally figured it out.    

I made a little loop and added a little button to make it close somewhat.

 I was really excited when I figured out how to make this little seam on the sides  to give it a flat bottom.
 

And my measly little bit of make up.  You want to know what is in there?  Well ok then...there is some foundation/base, mascara, eyeliner, blush, blush brush, eyeshadow brush, tweezers, eyelash curlers, mirror, green stick that hides blemishes.  Oh and I have 3 individual things of eyeshadow (purple, green, silver-ish gray) and some powder not in the bag because they are broken and will spill everywhere if they aren't laying flat.  It all still works perfectly fine so no I don't need to just go buy new makeup.   
 

 So there is my cute little bag.  Which I may never attempt again.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...