December 23, 2011

Christmas Quiz



1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate.  I can only handle a few sips of egg nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Um, Santa has forgotten to leave any presents under the tree but he does leave stockings.  He will do better next year!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Inside white lights, outside green red and white.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No but I want to.   I must look for some fake mistletoe at an after Christmas sale.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Dressing or any dessert!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Waking up with all my cousins at our grandparents house and opening present in our pajamas.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?  When I finally understood what my mom's handwriting looked like, I could tell she wrote the thank you note for the cookies and milk.  But that same morning I got a pair of gold clip on earrings from Santa but there was only one in the box while the other one was in the ashes in the fireplace.  My mom said he must have dropped it while coming down the chimney.  I was really confused after that.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When my brother and I were little we were allowed to pick one of our choice to open.  We don't let Kiera do that now unless we are celebrating on Christmas Eve with one side of the family.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?  Our tree is fake 7 foot tall tree that I bought at the Salvation Army 7 years ago for 20 bucks.  It has white button lights, red black and silver plaid ribbon swirls, black feathers, red silver and black assorted ornaments.  Plus a few random meaningful ones. 
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it!
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, once you learn you never forget.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  I got pregnant on approximately Christmas Eve so I'd have to say that is the best one so far!
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with my family and those that I love.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?  Pecan pie tops the list but I love sweets period!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We don't really have any yet but I am working on figuring that out.  So far sugar cookies for Santa are made every year and I will have to tell the cake/cookie/cupcake perfectionist decorator in me to take a back seat and let Kiera decorate the cookies however she likes.
17. What tops your tree? A lighted filigree star
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Duh, giving.  I hate it when people ask what I want for Christmas.  I really try to avoid it. 
19. Candy canes: yuck or yummy?  I like the mulit-colored fruity flavored ones.
20. Favorite Christmas show? The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
21. Saddest Christmas song? There are sad Christmas songs?  Maybe the "I'll be home for Christmas" song
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Love love love Carol of the Bells!

 

I hope you have a wonderful holiday!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...