July 6, 2011

4th of July wekend part 2

Well as I mentioned yesterday we had a busy busy weekend.  Lots of fun was had by all.  Did I mention we are pooped?  I had the hardest time keeping my eyes open at work yesterday.  Like I was dozing off while trying to read an email...at 2:45pm.  So lets see the run down of events.

Friday part of my afternoon was spent in the pool with Kiera.
 
 
I know you are tooootally jealous of our pool.  Hey at least it is deep enough to cover me in water and I am short enough stretch out in it.   

Saturday we went with Jimmy's parents, his aunt and cousin to the park to watch a fireworks display.  Kiera could not contain her excitement.  Oh and it was freaking HOT outside too.  I was sweating up a storm.  
 
 

Afterwards we went to Carl's Jr. to grab a late night snack.  And by late I am talking 10:45pm.  Someone was finally able to chill out and relax. 

I had to carry her to and from the car and she slept the entire time.  And even though she made me sweat even more, I didn't mind one bit.

Sunday we took a float trip with some awesome friends.  A couple of them were our friends family from Texas that have never floated the Illinois before.  I should have gotten a picture of our lunch.  Fried chicken and pulled pork sandwiches.
 
  
There is some crazy stuff that goes on out at the river.  You can't help but laugh at other people.  Like this guy that went potty in the bushes and comes carrying  his swim trunks and wearing speedo.
Or this guy that jumped from way up in a tree.  Do you see him?  Half way up the dead tree hanging over the water.


If there is a patch of deep water and a bluff or tree or cliff someone is going to be jumping or flipping off of it.  I got frisky with a tree in the water and got an awesome bruise on my leg.  I don't bruise easily either so you can just imagine how hard I hit it to get that kind of bruise. 

Monday.  What the heck did we do on Monday?  Oh I remember now.  I baked a loaf banana nut bread per the request of my mother in law.  Then I made coleslaw and this awesome improvised dessert for our 4th of July dinner.

Mmmmm, No-bake chocolate dessert with crushed reduced fat Oreo and fat free whip cream layers.  Jimmy made me leave it at my in-laws.  So that means I only had one piece and no more.

Kiera swam in her little pool at their house to kill some time.  She is all about sticking her head under water, and she doesn't even hold her nose.  She was pretending to be a dolphin and even spoke in dolphin but sounded like a seal.

Of course she had a little accident too.  Running down the driveway.  It bled a lot.  

When it got dark we set off massive amounts of fireworks but you will just have to wait until tomorrow to see...

 


2 comments:

amanda torres said...

I always look through pics first and I totally spotted Mr. Speedo. That's funny. Looks like you had a great time this past weekend.

Holly said...

You were soo busy! Great pics too. I have absolutely nothing to post unless you all want to read about how I slept in every day and went to bed early every night.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...