June 28, 2011

baby conversation

One afternoon after work I picked Kiera up from my in-laws house and she hit me with a demand. 

Kiera:  Mama I need a brother and a sister

Me: Really?  You want a brother and a sister.  Who is going to have this brother and sister?

Kiera:  You are Mama. 

Me:  Well I don't really want to have any more babies.

Kiera:  You need to have a boy and a girl for me.  I need a brother and a sister.


Me:  Well you have Lilly and Berkley, they are a girl and a boy, kinda like a brother and sister.

Kiera:  No I want a human brother and sister.

(Insert me laughing now)

Me:  Well why don't you ask Dada if he would like some more babies?

Kiera:  No I can't ask Dada because he will say NO!

Me:  Well I am saying no too sweetie.  We only want to have you all to ourselves.

Keira:  But I really super want a brother and sister.

Me: Kiera, you are getting ready to start school soon and you will have lots of little friends.  And one day you will have a best friend that is like a sister to you and you won't have to worry about me having more babies.

Kiera:  I don't want a best friend.  Izzy is my best friend.

Me:  Well Ok then.

And that was the end of the conversations.  Here are some of my thoughts on this...

1.  The thought of having 3 children scares the crap out of me.  I can imagine 2 but it would be a struggle for us, mentally.  3 is just scary.

2.  The fact that she wants a human brother and sister.  How many almost 4 year olds would even think about the difference in species? 

3.  I think it's hilarious that she knows she can't ask Jimmy about having more kids. 

4.  Izzy is Jimmy's cousins daughter that is 6 months older than Kiera and they only see each other like 1-2 times a year.  The only reason she is Kiera's BFF is because last time they saw each other 4+ months ago Izzy gave Kiera candy.  Won her over right there.

I know without a doubt that Kiera would be an excellent big sister and very helpful, but it ain't happening. 

2 comments:

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Oh, but she SUPER wants a brother AND a sister!!

What a tall order mom! LOL

amanda torres said...

Wow, a girl who knows what she wants!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...