March 22, 2011

date night

I took Jimmy out on a date last night.  I paid.  Not that it was really "my" money since we only have one joint bank account, but I paid with what I had in my wallet.

 First we ate at this little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant down the street from our house called El Fogon.  It is seriously the best Mexican food we have ever eaten in our entire lives.  Probably because it is real Mexican food.  The first time we ever ate there was in 2006 shortly after we moved into our house.  We eat there at least once a month.  They have this roasted red pepper salsa that is to die for.  Jimmy had the Mexico City Tacos (one of our favorites) and I tried the Enchiladas Camarón (shrimp).  Yum.   


Then we went to see Battle: LA, which I called "Battlefield" and the girl giggled and corrected me.  I laugh out loud at myself too. 

date collage 

What???  It's $8.50 for a movie?  That's why we stick to matinees!  I always forget that the Owasso theater sucks and the only speaker that worked in our theater was the front left one.  No surround sound.  No bass.  Boo.   Still we aren't going to drive all the way to Tulsa unless its a movie that absolutely has to have great sound.  Movies like Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, Star Wars, etc.  Oh well, I only cried one little tear when someone died.  At least the kids were OK otherwise I would have lost it. 

So what if I cried.  I cry at commercials...and cartoons on the Disney channel.  Seriously I got all choked up over an episode of Phineas and Ferb one day.  Stupid kids do that to you.  OK they aren't stupid.  Don't laugh because you know you have done it too.

1 comment:

lesleyzellers said...

Oh yum, that looks good. I'll have to try that place out. And, yep, I've cried at commercials too. Crazy mom emotions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...