February 1, 2011

Day Taken at Night

This morning, literally this morning, I woke up at 4 once again.  It probably doesn't help that I passed out at 9:30 last night but whatever.  I told you I have been tired and not sleeping.  Sadly the first thing I do is pick up my phone and check out Facebook.  Pathetic I know.  But my friend Mary had a post that said that she wants to learn how to do this 175 Photos of Day Taken at Night.  I thought "Psh, I can do that!".  So I got my booty outta bed and went to town taking some pictures.  

I have EOS Utility on my  laptop (and desktop) where I can control everything and remotely take pictures so I don't shake the camera when pushing the shutter button.  You can just use the timer if you don't have EOS Utility.  You also have to use a tripod or some other setup where you don't hold the camera with your hands.

 

I took pictures from a few different windows.  No lights were on in the house.  Yes I was walking around and setting all of this up in the dark.  My eyes were still adjusted to seeing in the dark and it was easier focusing the camera that way.  You don't want any light shining towards the camera, besides the light from outside, so the laptop was facing away from it.

This s what it really looked like at 4:30am

Same time just with different camera settings
 


I love how everything is still but the tree and pompous grass is blurring from movement.
(To see the full effect you will have enlarge so click on the picture)

Sure Lilly, you can partially sit on my keyboard while I am trying downloading pictures!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...