May 10, 2011

mother's day weekend

This weekend was pretty darn uneventful. But it was nice nonetheless.   Here is a rundown or how it went...

Saturday
I got up at like 6am.  I had a couple hours of quiet time with a little TV watching and coffee before Kiera woke up and joined me on the couch.  Later I made breakfast and then went on a cleaning spree and deep cleaned the house for 5 hours.  My kitchen, bathrooms, and all floors  are so clean you could eat off them.  We really didn't do anything other than that.    Jimmy slept until like 2pm.  YES 2pm.  What can I say.  I am a nice wife.  Oh we did go get a few last minute Mother's day gifts.

Sunday 
I was awoken at 7 am by a little girl asking me why I wasn't up yet.  Um maybe cause I wanted to sleep until 7:30!  Which is actually late for me but dang I was tired!  So I got up and we had our normal weekend snuggle time on the couch while watching Phineas and Ferb.
k feet in lap 3-8-11

Eventually I made bacon and malt-o-meal for breakfast.  Jimmy had plain malt-o-meal, Kiera and I had chocolate.   After  a while we went to see if any Sno Cone shacks were open and they weren't so we settled for a freezoni thing from QT.  Jimmy fixed lunch for us.  Then Kiera went down for a nap and I went to JC Penny to spend the $10 cash thingy I got in the mail.  I planned on buying myself a pair of jeans and I am not kidding when I say there was not a single pair that would fit me right!  Not everyone on this planet is 5'7"or taller people!  AND just because you are short does not mean you are a size 4!  Gah.  I really dislike shopping.  Always have actually.  I ended up buying Jimmy 1 polo, 2 t-shirts and me 1 t-shirt.  Then Jimmy made us a delicious dinner of grilled shrimp, cheddar biscuits, mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob.  Oh and I finished reading one book and started on another.

I also made my first batch of chocolate chip cookies from scratch.  I know its totally weird that of all the baking I do I have never made chocolate chip cookies before.  I do have a bad habit of eating like 7 of them fresh out of the oven.  I only ate 1 right then since they were so big.  But ohmygoodness are they good.  I will be making them again...soon!  And in my defense I gave half of them to my mom as part of her Mother's day gift.  She said they are her favorite.
Picture 003-1

I was pooped Sunday night and was falling asleep on the couch around 7:30.  Of course a certain little someone kept playing with me so I wasn't able to doze for very long.

Ash n toys

Ha!  She does this all the time, piles her stuffed things around me.  She even picked up my left arm and planted it on top of the baby doll and I am pretty sure she had one of them sitting on my shoulder at some point to.  I don't really remember since I was kind of out of it.  She took the picture for me with my point and shoot.  Tomorrow I will share with you what 3 year olds like to take pictures of.  I didn't go to bed until 9 after we put Kiera to bed and I passed out.  Must have been all that cleaning.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...